Founder and Choreographer. Artistic Director 2006/2010.
Gustavo Ramirez has been chosen by the magazine POR LA DANZA, on the occasion of his 15 ª anniversary, as one of 15 names to bearing in mind in the internacional dance world. At this moment, he is the Artistic Director of Luna Negra Dance Company, in Chicago.
Gustavo was born in San Fulgencio, Alicante in 1978. His dance trainning began with Josetta García in Almoradí, extending his studies in the Institut del Teatre of Barcelona with Karemia Moreno, Guillermina Coll and Jose Maria Escudero, between others.
Choreographic received Awards:
• Artes Escénicas Awards, Comunidad Valenciana 2010 and 2005.
• Prix Dom Perignon, Hamburg 2001.
• Ricard Moragas Award, Barcelona 1997.
His work has been shown at the most important International Dance Festivals:
• Les Etoiles de Ballet 2000, Cannes.
• Internationale Tanzmesse, Dusseldorf.
• Sintra, Portugal.
• Holland Dance Festival, Den Haag.
• International Ballet Festival of Miami, Miami.
• Hungarian Dance Festival, Budapest.
• Dansa València, Valencia.
• DANSAT!, Barcelona.
• Ground Hog Festival, Chicago.
• Mu danzas, Murcia.
• Dance Salad, Houston.
• Dance for Life, Chicago.
• Madrid en Danza, Madrid.
• GREC, Barcelona.
• Sitges Teatre Internacional, Sitges.
• Ravinia Festival, Chicago.
Gustavo has created dance pieces for different companies all around the world:
• National Dance Company Wales (UK).“Quixoteland”, 2011.
• Tanz Theater Manchen (Germany). “Everything”, 2010.
• Compañía Nacional de Danza (Spain). “Chapter 10”, 2009.
• Balletto dell’Esperia (Italy). “Caliban”, 2009.
• Ballet Junior de Genève (Switzerland). “Flabbergast”, 2009.
• Budapest Dance Theatre (Hungary). “Flabbergast”, 2009.
• Giöry Ballet (Hungary). “Gaudí”, 2008.
• Nederlands Dans Theater 2 (Holland). “De ida y Vuelta” 2007, "79 42 17" 2005 and "Chapter 9" 2004.
•IT Dansa (Spain). “En busca de” (2008) / "Tito" , 2003 / "Flabbergast", 2005.
• Ballet de Teatres de la Generalitat Valenciana (Spain). "Viñetas",2006.
• Dominic Walsh Dance Theater (EEUU). “Dícese”, 2008 / "2 and 1 for Mr.B", 2005.
• Luna Negra Dance Theater (EEUU). "Flabbergast", 2002 / "Luna de Miel",2004 / "Vamos a contar mentiras", 2004.
• Hamburg Ballet (Germany). "Un peso en la espalda", 2002.
• Ballet Met (EEUU). "En vez de", 2002.
• Passarelles (Belgium). "Entre", 2002.
• Abc Dance Company (Germany). "One for all", 2002.
• Ballet de Carmen Roche (Spain). "Érase otra vez", 2003.
As a dancer, Sansano performed works by Jacopo Godani, Hans Van Manen, Jiří Kylián, Ohad Naharin, Johan Inger, Paul Lightfoot and Víctor Ullate, among others, dancing for the Ballet Joven de Alicante, Ballet Contemporáneo de Barcelona, Ballet de la Comunidad de Madrid, Nederlands Dans Theater II and Hubbard Street Dance Chicago.
Founder, executive director and dancer of proyecto titoyaya.
Licensed in Choreography for the Conservatorio Superior de Danza de Valencia and Master in Cultural Management of Scenic Arts, Verónica completed her dance formation with David Zambrano, Wim Vandekeybus, Nancy Stark-Smith, Santiago Sempere, Nienke Reehort, Fatou Traoré, Kurt Koegel and Steve Paxton, between others.
From 2006 she has been teaching in the Conservatorio Superior de Danza de Valencia. Verónica had worked as a Producer for other companies of theatre and dance, as well as she has collaborated in the production of different festivals.
From 1999 to 2006 Verónica García lead her own dance company in Valencia, until she created proyecto titoyaya with Gustavo Ramírez.
Luis Crespo (1979) studied fine arts at the Politechnical University of Valencia and cursed his last year at the École Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs of Strasbourg (France) at the scenographie Department.
He has been selected and prized in different Plastic Art and Painting Exhibitons by Gallerys and Institutions so as the Aitor Urdangarín Gallery of Vitoria and the Comunity Union of Castilla la Mancha.
From 2004 to 2007 he was the scenographie teacher in the OFF School for Theater and Cinema of Valencia and the scenographer at the OFF Theater.
Nowadays he developes his work as scenographer for Theater, Dance and Opera, making scene desing, wich involves light, costumes and space.
With Gustavo Ramírez, he has worked for National Dance Company Wales (UK), Luna Negra Dance Theater (Chicago), Györi Ballet (Hungary), Compañía Nacional de Danza (Spain), Tanz Theater München (Germany), Nederlands Dans Theater 2 (Holland).